In Episode 129, Greg and Pam discuss hot dogs, pizza, and cheese.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there. ***Please help us manage the group by answering the questions when you request to join!***
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
Yarn in the News
- We shared a blog post from Tin Can Knits called Why Do We Knit? Come over the Ravelry or Facebook groups and tell us why you knit (or crochet, etc)
- Greg finished his Sockhead Slouch Hat by Kelly McClure (project page). He used Life in the Long Grass Moon yarn.
- Greg started AND finished the Mountain Day Stocking Hat by Toad Hollow. It was a kit of Toad Hollow Yarns DK Toad mini-skeins.
- Greg is working on his Christmas Eve Cast-on socks. He is using yarn from Oink Pigments.
- Greg finished Frog from Frog & Toad and is working on his (overrated) pants. When Frog’s done, he’ll tackle Toad.
- Pam finished her Spinning for Socks Socks in cheviot spun from Sadie Spins! and she is loosely followedthe Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- Pam worked on the Gro Shawl and is using Twisted Willow Merino Linen Twist yarn.
- Pam is binding off a Test Knit using handspun yarn.
- Pam made another crochet coral piece for the NC Museum of Art. No pictures or project page at this time.
- Pam is pondering her next cast ons. She mentioned the Wilson Cowl, the Reyna Shawl and Skew Socks.
- Next episode we will continue Section 2 of The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes. This section is about making yarn and we will be talking about Farm Yarns, Fairs and Festivals and Organic Yarns. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Pam mentioned that Carolina FiberFest has their vendors, craft along patterns and workshop registration up on the website.
- The disorganized Topalong is still going strong in the Ravelry threads! And it’s time for sweaterweather. Join in the fun and knowledge sharing!
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is back!
- Greg mentioned how delicious Bill’s Hot Dogs are.
- Greg picked up a copy of Coffee Cozies and a French Press to go with it.
- Pam mentioned the Crispy Cheesy Pan Pizza recipe by King Arthur Flour.
- Pam mentioned her new Allbirds shoes.
- Greg talked about how awesome hoop cheese is, especially when it’s paired with Nilla wafers.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram