In Episode 133, Greg and Pam discuss people, apps, and yarn bombing.
Many thanks to TwinsetJan of the Twinset Designs podcast for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there. ***Please help us manage the group by answering the questions when you request to join!***
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
Yarn in the News
- We shared an article from The Seattle Times: ‘Knitters should get to decide’: Tiny Seattle knitting startup pushing to ‘unravel’ Apple in App Store fight
- Greg is working on his Christmas Eve Cast-on socks. He is using yarn from Oink Pigments.
- Greg completely finished Frog from Frog & Toad, including his clothing.
- Greg has been enjoying the #FinishWithSoxTherapist hashtag on Instagram.
- Greg loves darning socks with the Darning & Mending Loom from Katrinkles. Check out Katy’s Instagram video for how to mend hearts onto your clothes.
- Pam talked about the Gro Shawl she made using Twisted Willow Merino Linen Twist yarn.
- Pam finished the Wilson Cowl by Joan Beebe using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam finished the heart bunting for her daughter. She used the Swirly Hearts pattern from Atty*s. She is just using scraps.
- Pam started a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam started a Mash It Up Hat by Babs Ausherman. She is using fingering weight leftovers.
- Pam also started 3 panels for a yarn bombing project at the high school her daughter went to.
- Next episode we will continue Section 2 of The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes. We will begin a discussion of color. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Pam talked about the workshops available at the Carolina FiberFest. Greg mentioned that he will be giving a free short talk on the Saturday of the festival.
- Greg enjoys going into the Greensboro Corner Farmers Market where he picks up eggs, hoop cheese, and tamales.
- Greg and Pam discussed the etiquette surrounding contacting a designer about questions with a pattern. This was prompted by a question from Ravelry user cmyeh102 in our February chat thread.
- Greg mentioned his brother’s Kickstarter is about 2/3 funded: The Sandwich Game.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram