In Episode 136, Greg and Pam discuss celebrities, phones, and time.
Many thanks to jneuman88 Jennifer for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there. ***Please help us manage the group by answering the questions when you request to join!***
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. Patrons at the Shawl & Sweater Levels – join us on Sunday, March 20 at 3om Eastern for a zoom call! Details are on Patreon.
- Greg is working on his Christmas Eve Cast-on socks. He is using yarn from Oink Pigments. It incorporates the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg knitted a complete Sockhead Slouch Hat, but doesn’t have any pictures of it because they were on his phone that died.
- Greg is working on a new hat design. More to come.
- Greg is working on the Plants + Shapes DIY Applique Embroidery Kit from M Creative J.
- Pam started to work on the Positive Plants embroidery kit from M Creative J.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam worked on a Mash It Up Hat by Babs Ausherman. She is using fingering weight leftovers.
- Pam worked on her Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam started The Essential Bucket Hat by Romi Hill using Malabrigo Rasta.
- Pam made a few Tunisian Crochet coasters designed by Siobhan Boothe of Yarn Over Floyd.
- In episode 137 we will continue Section 2 of The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes. We will begin a discussion of spin and pills. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We had a great time at the Carolina Fiber Fest.
- Pam and Greg reviewed embroidery kits from mcreativej, which we both loved. Listen to the podcast for a full review. MCreativeJ is active on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
- .We mentioned Our State magazine.
- The government stole an hour from us as we entered Daylight Saving Time. Check out “Save Standard Time” for a chart that shows how important it is to stay on Standard Time to maximize healthy morning sun.
- We talked about the depth cowl, which incorporates planned pooling using The Fiber Seed Sprout Worsted yarn.
- We talked about a school project that involves a phone number you can call to hear a pre-recorded pep talk from school children. The number is 707-998-8410.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram