In Episode 138, Greg and Pam discuss secret mystery knit-alongs, blocking with bowls, and cut yarn.
Many thanks to VarianBrandon Varian for the episode introduction! Varian is an exceptional teacher specializing in colorwork. We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there. ***Please help us manage the group by answering the questions when you request to join!***
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
Greg released a new pattern! It is the Unraveling Podcowl. Normally $6, it is available with a $2 discount automatically applied at checkout. This discount is good until April 20. This pattern is the mystery audio that has been appearing in the podcast since Episode 127, which came out in January.
Yarn in the News
Pam mentioned this article in the local paper about the yarn bombing at Sanderson High School. The 2nd picture of a 3 trunk tree shows her contribution.
- Greg is working on socks for his mom. He is using yarn from Twist Fiber Studio. It will incorporate the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg finished the Plants + Shapes DIY Applique Embroidery Kit from M Creative J.
- Pam finished the Mash It Up Hat by Babs Ausherman. She used fingering weight leftovers.
- Pam finished The Essential Bucket Hat by Romi Hill using Malabrigo Rasta.
- Pam made a few Tunisian Crochet coasters designed by Siobhan Boothe of Yarn Over Floyd. She mentioned Toni Lipsey and her edges tutorial.
- Pam finished bunny bunting using the Cro-Bunny Bunting pattern by Sew Hooky.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam worked on her Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam started the Reyna Shawl by Noora Backlund. She is using yarn from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam started a cowl. First she tried the Faceted pattern by Kacey Herlihy. Then she tried the Honey Cowl by Antonia Shankland.
- In episode 139 we will begin Section 3 of The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes. We will discuss single and two-ply yarns. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
- .Pam mentioned The Book on Pie by Erin Jean McDowell. She made the Roasted Strawberry Pie.
- Greg went to see Bob Dylan, it was a great show.
- Pam mentioned how much she enjoyed the show New Girl.
- Pam talked about Moth Traps.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram