In Episode 144, Greg and Pam discuss turtles, frogs, and cats.
Many thanks to Turtle32 Michelle for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there. ***Please help us manage the group by answering the questions when you request to join!***
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Our next quarterly Zoom call for Shawl and Sweater Patrons will be on Saturday, June 18 at 2pm Eastern. Stay tuned for an opportunity to share your time preference!***
- Greg is working on socks for his mom. He is using yarn from Twist Fiber Studio. It will incorporate the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg is working on the Choose Greg’s Adventure 2022 Mystery Shawl. Be sure to visit the KnittingDaddy.com blog and vote on the next design decision! Listen to the episode to find out how to get a discount on two hanks Beach Bunny Yarns World Traveler yarn for the shawl.
- Pam made a Knitted Knocker for an acquaintance. She used the magic loop version of the pattern and Berroco Modern Cotton DK.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam worked on her Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam worked on the Reyna Shawl by Noora Backlund. She is using yarn from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam is trying to make a cowl. She has finally found a pattern that is perfect but it is a test knit and she can’t share any more details.
- Pam also gave some follow-up feedback on her Scrubbies and Bowl Cozy.
- In episode 145 we will continue Section 3 of The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes. We will discuss Boucle and Brushed yarns. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
- We are nearing the end of the our current book club and are looking for suggestions for the next book! We try to choose a reference type of book that will have broad appeal to many knitters, can be broken into segments and is readily available. If you have any suggestions, please email us! email@example.com.
- Greg enjoyed the Van Gogh Raleigh, NC Exhibit: The Immersive Experience.
- May 6, 2022 was National No Pants Day.
- Pam mentioned how much she loves her new Tom Bihn Bag, The Swift.
- Pam also mentioned her love of silicone bags. She likes Stasher brand and Zip Top.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram