In Episode 154, Greg and Pam discuss birthdays, fall festivals, and sock knitting.
Many thanks to lblowrance Pam’s Cousin Lisa for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a special surprise. Use code KD20 at checkout for a bonus when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg continues working on socks for himself. He is using yarn from Two Guys Yarn Company. It will incorporate the Non-Euclidian heel by Sarah Jordan and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg has finished a new hat design and is working on writing the pattern. Look for it in January.
- Pam thanked KnitPicks. She mentioned the Star Shower shawl by Romi Hill and is going to use KnitPicks Hawthorn Kettle Dye in Blackbird for the main color. She is also using a Nerd Girl yarn from her stash.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam worked on the Tunisian crochet Loveland Lite by Toni Lipsey. She is using Studio Sox from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam finished the legs on her next Frog! by Claire Garland. Assembly is next!
- Pam started Citadel, a shawl by Janina Kallio. She is using yarn from Yarn over Floyd.
- Pam swatched for the Sahara Wrap Sweater by Camille Mikolas using Biggo (in the process of being discontinued) from Knitpicks. She heard about this from newwaveknitting on Instagram.
- We are in between books now but stay tuned for the next book club selection!
- We mentioned a follow-up of The Woobles team… an article from the Triangle Business Journal and their appearance on Shark Tank! We reviewed the Woobles book, Crochet Amigurumi for Every Occasion, in Episode 151.
- Greg is going to Fairy Stone Park in VA.
- Greg is loving Grillo’s Pickle de Gallo.
- Greg mentioned the book Speaking American by Josh Katz.
- Pam mentioned Skinnytaste No Bake Peanut Butter Pie.
- Greg is going to be the next episode of the Crits & Knits podcast. Tune in for the live Twitch stream on Wednesday, October 12 at 8pm (Eastern). Or, catch the episode on the YouTube podcast a few weeks later.
- Greg and Pam are going to host an Ask Me Anything episode in the near future! You can submit your questions with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram