In Episode 160, Greg and Pam discuss philosophy, languages, and memories.
Many thanks to knittingdaddy Greg for the episode introduction! You know what that means? We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg finished the 4-Point Halo hat (pattern by Kimberly Villareal) using Universal Yarn Cotton Supreme DK yarn.
- Greg is working on a second Bag of Sorting (pattern by Danielle Thuen) using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam finished a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on. She is planning to use the Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Pam finished the Citadel, a shawl by Janina Kallio. She used yarn from Yarn over Floyd.
- Pam went on (and still is on) a crochet potholder kick using the Thermal Stitch. There are several versions but so far Single Crochet seems to be the favorite. Pam also tried a half-double crochet version and there is another half double crochet version as well. Pam used tutorials from My Crochet Space. Pam is using Lily Sugar ‘n Cream.
- Pam cast on a Sophie Scarf by Petite Knit. She is using Leading Men Fiber Arts Show Stealer.
- Pam also started a new pair of socks. She is using the Kettle Lakes Socks pattern by Carolyn Lisle. She is using yarn from East Coast Yarn in the Charlie Brown Christmas colorway. Pam mentioned using Addi FlexiFlips and liking them.
- Pam pulled out her Cosy Stripes Blanket by Attic 24 and worked on it. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Drumroll please! We have selected our next book and it is Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. We will begin discussing this next episode!
- Pam mentioned visiting Mosquito Bay on the island of Vieques in Puerto Rico.
- Pam mentioned the Arecibo Message.
- Pam mentioned erasable stitch markers from A Needle Runs Through It.
- Last week, we hosted a community Zoom meeting. Everyone shared what they were working on, and we collected a list of all the patterns discussed.
- Greg is a regular guest on the Crits & Knits podcast. Tune in for the live Twitch stream on every other Wednesday at 8pm Eastern. Or, catch the episode on the YouTube podcast a few weeks later.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram