In Episode 164, Greg and Pam discuss drinking, preventative maintenance, and haiku.
Many thanks to malicejp Alice for the episode introduction (scroll down for her pictures)! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there. We would also love us to submit questions for us to answer on a future episode. You can ask us with this form.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Our next Patreon Zoom call for the Shawl and Sweater levels is scheduled for Saturday, March 25 at 3pm Eastern!*** (Note the date change)
- Greg started Toad the Frog and Toad pattern by Kristina Ingrid McGowan.
- Greg started and finished the Irish Moss Beanie Hat pattern by Louise Bollanos.
- Pam’s cousin Lisa was considering the Wacky Weave La Loba.
- Pam made a wall hanging for her office. (picture below)
- Pam worked on her socks. She is using the Kettle Lakes Socks pattern by Carolyn Lisle. She is using yarn from East Coast Yarn in the Charlie Brown Christmas colorway. Pam mentioned using Addi FlexiFlips and liking them.
- Pam pulled out her Cosy Stripes Blanket by Attic 24 and worked on it. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam is working on an abandoned knitting project of her daughter’s. It is the Trillian Shawl by Martina Behm.
- Pam worked on a charity hat, the Classic Cuffed Hat by Purl Soho. She is using some mystery acrylic.
- In Episode 163 we covered the chapters 4 and 5 of our new book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. We will cover the next 2 chapters of the section Spring in Episode 163. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Greg enjoyed watching Groundhog Day in the theater.
- We discussed Skacel’s haiku contest about their yarn line Hikoo.
- We shared an article about how crochet is Breaking ChatGPT. Even if you don’t have a tiktok account you can see the crocheter’s channel on a browser, here is the post where she first created the narwhal. Pam also mentioned an episode of the I Thought I Knew How podcast where the host challenges ChatGPT.
- We discussed North Ronaldsay sheep.
- Pam and Greg debated true chopsticks vs Snacktiv.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram