In Episode 168, Greg and Pam discuss aunts, donuts, and getting ready for the fiber fest.
Many thanks to the Crits and Knits Crew for the episode introduction! You can find Crits & Knits streaming on the Majestic Goose Network on Twitch every other Wednesday. We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Our next Patreon Zoom call for the Shawl and Sweater levels is scheduled for Saturday, March 25 at 3pm Eastern!***
- Greg started and finished the Euphoric Cowl by Handmade By Zan Designs. For a limited time, the pattern is available for free on the Carolina Fiber Fest website.
- Pam is working on a charity hat, the Classic Cuffed Hat by Purl Soho. She is using some mystery acrylic.
- Pam is also working on a crochet potholder using the Single Crochet Thermal Stitch. Pam used tutorials from My Crochet Space. Pam is using Lily Sugar ‘n Cream.
- Pam cast on the Star Shower shawl by Romi Hill. She is using Nerd Girl Yarn (no longer dyeing) and KnitPicks Hawthorne Kettle Dye.
- Pam cast on a pair of worsted weigh socks using KnitPicks Choma Twist Worsted. She used a Turkish cast-on and broken rib. She will use the Fish Lips Kiss Heel.
- Pam also cast on a Beaded Decoration from Janie Crow.
- In Episode 167 we covered the chapters 8 and 9 of our new book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. We will cover the first 2 chapters of the section Summer in Episode 169. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Pam and Greg made guest “appearances” on two episodes of the Spinning on 2 Wheels Podcast. check out Episode 40 and Side Car 4.
- Pam and Greg shared the news story Why Do Winter Hats Have Pom-Poms?.
- Pam and Greg talked about The Knitting Guild Association Master Hand Knitting Program.
- Pam and Greg discussed the Carolina FiberFest Craft Along patterns.
- Pam mentioned she is enjoying the HBO show The Last of Us.
- Pam mentioned she is enjoying Crio Bru.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram