In Episode 170, Greg and Pam discuss sock tubes, socks that are too short, and designing socks.
Many thanks to No One for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there. We would also love us to submit questions for us to answer on a future episode. You can ask us with this form.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
KnitPicks & Crochet.com
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg is working on the Irish Moss Toque by Alexandra Charlotte Dafoe.
- Greg worked on a dishcloth while he was on his fishing trip.
- Greg has a pattern in an upcoming book–The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray! Release date is September 26, 2023. Go ahead and preorder it from your LYS or Amazon.com.
- Pam finished a charity hat, the Classic Cuffed Hat by Purl Soho. She is using some mystery acrylic.
- Pam finished a pair of worsted weight socks using KnitPicks Choma Twist Worsted. She used a Turkish cast-on and broken rib. She will use the Fish Lips Kiss Heel.
- Pam worked on the Star Shower shawl by Romi Hill. She is using Nerd Girl Yarn (no longer dyeing) and KnitPicks Hawthorne Kettle Dye.
- Pam also worked on a Beaded Decoration from Janie Crow.
- Pam cast on the Cooma Cowl by Laura Dobratz. She is using PassionKnits Yarn in Twinkle Toes and Queen City Yarn Madison Park Mohair.
- Pam mentioned a couple of other patterns: the Bankhead Hat, Thundertwist Hat, #257 Split Neck T Shirt.
- In Episode 169 we covered chapters 1 and 2 of Summer of our new book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. We will cover the 3rd and 4th chapters of the section Summer in Episode 171. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Pam and Greg mentioned a number of Carolina FiberFest Vendors: Cottontail Farm, Gypsy Mountain Farm, The Fiber Seed, Beach Bunny Yarns, The Fibre Studio at Yarns To Dye For.
- Pam mentioned the Tom Bihn/Knitty Bag Design Contest.
- Greg mentioned he is going to watch the HBO show The Last of Us.
- Pam mentioned she is enjoying Crio Bru.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram
2 thoughts on “Episode 170 – The Extroverted Babysitter”
Pam, you should show your eleven year old friend how to use YouTube to find knitting tutorials. Other self taught knitters call it YouTube University.
Thanks for the suggestion! The irony is kids know about YouTube University before we can even suggest it!