In Episode 172, Greg and Pam discuss movies, cables, and gnats.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg is working on the Irish Moss Toque by Alexandra Charlotte Dafoe.
- Greg is going to cast on a Baby Surprise Jacket.
- Greg has a pattern in an upcoming book–The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray! Release date is September 26, 2023. Go ahead and preorder it from your LYS or Amazon.com.
- Pam mentioned the crochet sweater her daughter is going to make that she found on Tiktok. She is going to use Knit Once, Crochet Too 2nd Time Cotton.
- Pam also mentioned the Modern Bohemian Blanket that her cousin Lisa is going to make. She will probably use Might Stitch from KnitPicks.
- Pam finished some spinning and started some spinning.
- Pam finished a Beaded Decoration from Janie Crow.
- Pam worked on the Star Shower shawl by Romi Hill. She is using Nerd Girl Yarn (no longer dyeing) and KnitPicks Hawthorne Kettle Dye.
- Pam worked on the Cooma Cowl by Laura Dobratz. She is using PassionKnits Yarn in Twinkle Toes and Queen City Yarn Madison Park Mohair.
- Pam is still making Thermal Crochet Potholders using tutorials and patterns from My Crochet Space.
- Pam mentioned a couple of other patterns: the Sophie Scarf, Ranunculus, and Thundertwist Hat.
- We are enjoying our book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. Tune in next episode for next installment in the club. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Greg watched a performance of The Matchmaker at Blueberry’s school.
- Greg and Blueberry went to see the Dungeons & Dragons movie.
- Greg and Meredith enjoyed a Tedeschi Trucks Band concert.
- Greg was interviewed on the Fish Nerds podcast about eating puffer fish.
- We shared the article from Digits & Threads titled Terminology: Why We Call it Grafting Instead of that Other Name. We also mentioned the Finchley Graft.
- Greg and Pam congratulated Twinset Jan on placing in the Shirley Paden design contest.
- Pam mentioned the movie The Map of Tiny Perfect Things.
- Greg described how he uses his reMarkable tablet with his knitting patterns.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram