In Episode 174, Greg and Pam discuss keeping knitting with you, helping other people knit, and muscles for knitting.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Our next Patreon Zoom call will be on Sunday, June 11 at 3pm or 6pm. Patrons, head over to the Patreon page and let us know your preference!***
- Greg is working on the Irish Moss Toque by Alexandra Charlotte Dafoe.
- Greg started and finished a Baby Surprise Jacket.
- Greg has a new pattern available: Amanda’s Cowl. Kits can be obtained from Jimmy Beans Wool. The pattern will eventually be released for individual purchase in his Ravelry shop.
- Greg has a pattern in an upcoming book–The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray! Release date is September 26, 2023. Go ahead and preorder it from your LYS or Amazon.com.
- Pam mentioned the Modern Bohemian Blanket that her cousin Lisa is going to make. She is using Mighty Stitch from KnitPicks. Pam shared how she used the Snipping Tool to help put together a color palette.
- Pam is spinning some BFL.
- Pam finished the Star Shower shawl by Romi Hill. She used Nerd Girl Yarn (no longer dyeing) and KnitPicks Hawthorne Kettle Dye.
- Pam finished the Cooma Cowl by Laura Dobratz. She used PassionKnits Yarn in Twinkle Toes and Queen City Yarn Madison Park Mohair.
- Pam finished a Coffee Cup Cozy by Yarn+Chai using handspun.
- Pam is still making Thermal Crochet Potholders using tutorials and patterns from My Crochet Space.
- Pam cast on the Sophie Scarf, by Petite Knit using leftover KnitPicks Hawthorne from her Star Shower.
- Pam cast on Ranunculus. She is using EL. D. Mouzakis Butterfly Super 10.
- Pam cast on a Thundertwist Hat. She is using The FiberSeed Sprout Worsted.
- Pam cast on Freeform Favorite Crochet shawl by Lisa Doherty. If you are curious about Freeform Crochet you should check out Lisa’s Instagram account. She also has a nice blog and newsletter. Pam is taking a class from Lisa on Sunday, May 7 but she has some other virtual classes coming up.
- Pam cast on Day at the Market bag by Heather’s Craft Corner. She is using Pacolet Valley Southern Bales Organic Cotton by Stony Hill Fiber Arts.
- We are enjoying our book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. Tune in next episode for next installment in the club. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Pam mentioned the Amazon TV show Jury Duty.
- We noted that Romi Hill knits using wearable chopsticks.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram