In Episode 178, Greg and Pam discuss driving trains, knitting in outer space, and gestating patterns.
Many thanks to the sheep of Fairwinds Farm for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Our next Patreon Zoom call will be on Sunday, June 11 at 6pm.***
- Greg designed a new hat, and will be writing the pattern up soon. Garter and bobbles!
- Greg has a new pattern available: Amanda’s Cowl. Kits can be obtained from Jimmy Beans Wool. The pattern will eventually be released for individual purchase in his Ravelry shop.
- Greg has a pattern in an upcoming book–The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray! Release date is September 26, 2023. Go ahead and preorder it from your LYS or Amazon.com.
- Pam mentioned the Cuddle Puddle Wrap by Darci Does It. She ordered yarn from Passion Knits Yarn for it.
- Pam is spinning some BFL.
- Pam finished the Sophie Scarf, by Petite Knit using leftover KnitPicks Hawthorne from her Star Shower.
- Pam worked on Freeform Favorite Crochet shawl by Lisa Doherty. If you are curious about Freeform Crochet you should check out Lisa’s Instagram account. Lisa has some virtual classes coming up.
- Pam worked on Blackjack by Romi Hill. She is using Windy Valley Muskox 100% Quiviut.
- Pam worked on Spring Lantern Cardi by Fran Mori. She is using Vidalana Linen Jewel.
- Pam worked on on Coral Reef Wrap by Lisa Hannes. She is using Lana Grossa Chiara.
- We are enjoying our book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. Tune in next episode for next installment in the club. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Pam and Greg talked about The Andy Griffith Show.
- Greg mentioned the Scuppernong River.
- Pam and Greg talked about a BBC News article reporting on a knitted satellite.
- Pam mentioned the show Bad Sisters on Apple TV.
- Pam talked about The Salad Lab on Instagram.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram