In Episode 180, Greg and Pam discuss Taylor Swift, glass heads, and the summer shawl along.
Many thanks to kbamr Keri for the episode introduction! You can see Keri’s blanket and learn about her fundraising raffle here. You can find Keri’d From Fleece designs here. We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Our next Patreon Zoom call will be on Saturday, August 19 at 6pm (Eastern).***
- Greg designed a new hat, and will be writing the pattern up soon. Garter and bobbles!
- Greg has a new pattern available: Amanda’s Cowl. Kits can be obtained from Jimmy Beans Wool. The pattern will eventually be released for individual purchase in his Ravelry shop.
- Greg has a pattern in an upcoming book–The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray! Release date is September 26, 2023. Go ahead and preorder it from your LYS or Amazon.com.
- Pam ordered yarn and knit a swatch for the Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir. She will be using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted and Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted. Tinna has good tutorials on her YouTube channel.
- Pam also mentioned the blanket pattern Isometric.
- Pam started the Cuddle Puddle Wrap by Darci Does It. She is using yarn from Passion Knits Yarn.
- Pam is spinning some BFL.
- Pam worked on Freeform Favorite Crochet shawl by Lisa Doherty. If you are curious about Freeform Crochet you should check out Lisa’s Instagram account. Lisa has some virtual classes coming up.
- Pam worked on Blackjack by Romi Hill. She is using Windy Valley Muskox 100% Quiviut.
- Pam finished her Spring Lantern Cardi by Fran Mori. She used Vidalana Linen Jewel.
- Pam worked on on Coral Reef Wrap by Lisa Hannes. She is using Lana Grossa Chiara.
- Pam is pretty much always working on a SC Thermal Crochet Potholders using tutorials and patterns from My Crochet Space.
Summer Shawl Along
- Join us for our Summer Shawl Along! Pam and Greg are both making the Cuddle Puddle Wrap but you can choose whatever pattern you want!
- Add pattern ideas to our bundle on Ravelry.
- Enter for prizes using this Google Form.
- Use the hashtag #UPSummerShawl on social media to share your projects!
- We are enjoying our book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. Tune in next episode for next installment in the club. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Pam and Greg mentioned the Fix-A-Stitch tool.
- Greg raved about Be My Eyes.
- Greg raved about the new Doritos chips.
- Pam mentioned the show Somebody Somewhere on HBO.
- Pam talked about The Jaipur Trilogy book series by Alka Joshi.
- Greg is going to SAFF again this year.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram