In Episode 184, Greg and Pam discuss figs, fitness, and fiber festivals.
Many thanks to garyknitsandrides Gary for the episode introduction! Gary hosts the Destash4Good auction on Instagram as a fundraiser the support the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg is working on the Cuddle Puddle Wrap (pattern by Darci Kern). He’s using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For. Check out his project page.
- Greg is working on the Sockhead Cowl (pattern by Kelly McClure). He’s using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For. Check out his project page.
- Greg started the “I’m Fine. It’s Fine. Everything Is Fine.” cross-stitch pattern from White Raven Patterns. He heard about this pattern shop via the That’s Pretty Crafty stream.
- Greg has a new pattern available: Amanda’s Cowl. Kits can be obtained from Jimmy Beans Wool. The pattern will eventually be released for individual purchase in his Ravelry shop.
- Greg has a pattern in an upcoming book–The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray! Release date is September 26, 2023. Go ahead and preorder it from your LYS or Amazon.com.
- Pam has finally finished the weaving that was on her loom for 3 years. She used KnitPicks Mighty Stitch and Chroma Worsted. She also mentioned the blanket she made for her daughter, Swirly Pop.
- Pam took a class with Neal the Weaver and started a new scarf using a purchased kit.
- Pam worked on the Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir. She is using using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted and Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted. Tinna has good tutorials on her YouTube channel.
- Pam finished the Himari Hat by Noro using Noro Asaginu yarn.
- Pam finished the Coral Reef Wrap by Lisa Hannes. She is using Lana Grossa Chiara.
- Pam worked on the Cuddle Puddle Wrap by Darci Does It. She is using yarn from Passion Knits Yarn.
- Pam is spinning some BFL.
- Pam worked on Freeform Favorite Crochet shawl by Lisa Doherty. If you are curious about Freeform Crochet you should check out Lisa’s Instagram account.
- Pam worked on Blackjack by Romi Hill. She is using Windy Valley Muskox 100% Quiviut.
- Pam is pretty much always working on a SC Thermal Crochet Potholders using tutorials and patterns from My Crochet Space.
Summer Shawl Along
- Join us for our Summer Shawl Along and get those entries in using the Google Form! The make along ends Labor Day. Pam and Greg are both making the Cuddle Puddle Wrap but you can choose whatever pattern you want!
- Add pattern ideas to our bundle on Ravelry.
- Enter for prizes using this Google Form.
- Use the hashtag #UPSummerShawl on social media to share your projects!
- We are enjoying our book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. Tune in next episode for next installment in the club. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Greg went to Boston and didn’t have time to visit any yarn shops, but managed to catch 2 baseball games at Fenway Park.
- Greg had a spot of basal-cell carcinoma removed from his face (via Mohs surgery). He’s feeling well and encourages everyone to stay on top of their routine medical checks and get things addressed early.
- Greg is going to SAFF again this year.
- Pam is going to the Anson County Fiber Festival in Wadesboro, NC. It is on Friday, September 22 and Saturday, September 23. Pam will be there Saturday and is taking the Crochet Sweater Making Techniques workshop with AJ McIntyre.
- Pame mentioned the needle keepers she got from CottonTailFarmVA.
- Pam went to the Southern Comforts Fiber Market in Charlotte. She visited with the CRAFT Guild.
- Greg can also be found talking about knitting and playing Dungeons & Dragons at Crits and Knits.
- Greg enjoyed the Wham! documentary on Netflix.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram