In Episode 188, Greg and Pam discuss knitting in court, knitting in dance competitions, and knitting in KALs.
Many thanks to creativelycasey Casey for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg is working on the Sockhead Cowl (pattern by Kelly McClure). He’s using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For. Check out his project page.
- Greg continues working on the “I’m Fine. It’s Fine. Everything Is Fine.” cross-stitch pattern from White Raven Patterns. He heard about this pattern shop via the That’s Pretty Crafty stream.
- Greg crocheted an Easy Crochet Scrunchie. He used a YouTube video by Erica Arndt for the pattern.
- Greg’s Irish Moss Toque (pattern by Alexandra Charlotte Dafoe) won a prize at the feis. Check out his project page.
- Greg has a pattern in an upcoming book–The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray! His pattern is the Oogie Boogie Dice Bag.
- Pam finished the Cuddle Puddle Wrap by Darci Does It. She used yarn from Passion Knits Yarn.
- Pam cast on the Bankhead Hat by Susie Gourlay. She is using Berocco Ultra Wool.
- Pam worked on weaving a scarf using a purchased kit from Neal the Weaver.
- Pam worked on the Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir. She is using using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted and Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted. Tinna has good tutorials on her YouTube channel.
- Pam is plying some BFL.
- Pam worked on Blackjack by Romi Hill. She is using Windy Valley Muskox 100% Quiviut.
- Pam worked on Freeform Favorite Crochet shawl by Lisa Doherty. If you are curious about Freeform Crochet you should check out Lisa’s Instagram account.
- Pam swatched for the French Press Cardi sweater by Toni Lipsey. She is using yarn from Tahki Yarns Tweedy Lamb.
- Pam also worked on replacing the soles on some slippers. The pattern she used was the Men’s Loafer Slippers Felted by Monique Rae.
- We are enjoying our book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. Tune in next episode for next installment in the club. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- the Ol’ North State Knitting Guild is meeting again.
- Greg saw Willie Nelson and Tedeschi Trucks Band in concert. It was great.
- We reviewed The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray. Thanks to Insight Editions for providing contributor/review copies.
- Greg is going to SAFF again this year.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
- Greg is a Snack Shack Sponsor in the Down Cellar Studio Pigskin Party ’23.
- Greg can also be found talking about knitting and playing Dungeons & Dragons at Crits and Knits.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram