In Episode 199, Greg and Pam discuss zero, e-readers, and what happens behind the scenes.
Many thanks to the Twisted Stitches of Central NY Knitting Guild for the episode introduction! Check out their website to learn more about their events and their Stranded Mitten Contest. We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
GIVEAWAY: Check out our new MONTHLY giveaway just because our listeners are AWESOME! You can enter the February giveaway using this Google Form.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prizes, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Our next Patreon Zoom call is scheduled for Sunday, February 25 at 4pm Eastern.***
- Greg finished another pair of socks using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel pattern by Sox Therapist Patty-Joy White. He’s using KnitCircus Greatest of Ease yarn in “The Knit Sky” colorway. Check out his project page.
- Greg started another pair of socks using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel pattern by Sox Therapist Patty-Joy White. He’s using @cgcgyarns in the “Holly Jolly” colorway. Check out his project page.
- Greg continues to work on a new design project.
- Pam FINISHED Blackjack by Romi Hill. She is using Windy Valley Muskox 100% Quiviut.
- Pam cast on some Knitted Knockers using Universal Yarn Bamboo Pop.
- Pam cast on the Migration Cowl, a test crochet for AJ From Yarn to Stitches.
- Pam dug out the Freeform Favorite Crochet shawl by Lisa Doherty. The shawl part is finished and now Pam is working on the motifs for the freeform panel. We talked about Lisa’s stunning Monochrome Cowl.
- Pam worked on a pair of Fish Lips Kiss Heel socks by Sox Therapist. She is using Plymouth Dye for Me Happy Feet undyed and East Coast Yarns in Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Pam worked on the Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir. She is using using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted and Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted. Tinna has good tutorials on her YouTube channel.
- Pam is pretty much always working on a SC Thermal Crochet Potholders using tutorials and patterns from My Crochet Space. Pam is using Queensland Collection Coastal. These are the wooden rings she found on Amazon.
- Pam also mentioned the patterns Bluebird of Happiness and Bluebirds of Crappiness.
- Pam talked about the Men’s Loaf Slippers Felted by Monique Rae.
- We continue the next book club book! We will be reading The Golden Thread: How Fabric Changed History by Kassia St. Clair. Share how you are will enjoy the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Pam mentioned Okracoke Fig Cake.
- Pam also mentioned watching The Yarnhoarder videos on Patreon.
- Greg’s daughter was on crew for the middle school production of Rock Of Ages: Youth Edition.
- Greg mentioned The Greatest Night In Pop and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Pam mentioned using Stasher silicone bags for food storage.
- Carolina FiberFest will be in Raleigh, NC on March 8 and 9 from 9am-6pm.
- CRAFT CLT Craft Fest will be in Charlotte on March 23 and 24.
- Greg is a Snack Shack Sponsor in the Down Cellar Studio Pigskin Party ’23.
- Greg can also be found talking about knitting and playing Dungeons & Dragons at Crits and Knits.
- Want more pictures? Follow us on Instagram!
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram