In Episode 108, Greg and Pam discuss Atlanta, Asheville, and a disorganized KAL.
Special thanks to avery-maher Avery for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
Yarn In the News
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor. In order to avoid second-sock-syndrome, he knits the second sock first and he’s done with that, now! So just one more sock to go.
- Greg is (not) working on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. His wife’s birthday has come and gone, so he can work on it without being secretive now.
- This year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL started and Greg recovered from the carnage caused when he destroyed some yarn by crushing beads. He is using yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm.
- Pam is working on the Namaste Yoga Socks by Brenda Castiel. She is using Ice Yarns Print Sock.
- She worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks. She is basically using the Vanilla Latte Socks pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- Pam worked on her goals blanket using the Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She started with a Double Crochet Foundation (actual term) and used this tutorial. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam’s cousin Lisa is making the Granny Stripe Blanket from Attic24. She is using KnitPicks Mighty Stitch.
- We are in between books right now and are taking a brief “summer break”. When we start up again, our book club book will be The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Some of our community members started a disorganized KAL for making sweaters/tops/vests… any kind of torso garment. There is some great discussion in the thread!
- We mentioned the Black Mountain Yarn Shop in Black Mountain, NC.
- We mentioned the Chocolate Fetish and French Broad Chocolate in Asheville, NC.
- Greg enjoyed having a CityPass when he was in Atlanta.
- Greg’s family enjoyed milkshakes from The Yard.
- We mentioned the duet Curt Smith and his daughter, Diva, performed of “Mad World.”
- Pam is reading the book The Knitting Circle. She is watching Anne with an “E”.
- Greg is continuing to enjoy The Expanse series of books.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram