In Episode 117, Greg and Pam discuss the nature of time, hot dogs, and heritage sheep breeds.
Many thanks to knitting-travels Shelly for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
Yarn in the News
- We talked about a custom wool knit gown featuring endangered heritage sheep breed yarn that showed up at the Met Gala. Check out the Instagram post and the Twitter thread about it. Pam also mentioned the Shave ‘Em To Save ‘Em program.
- We talked about a knitted art installation made from knitted squares. Prince Charles is involved. Check out the Instagram post.
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor. Just one more sock to go, and he’s on the home stretch, just zipping up the last leg (knitting toe-up). He’s almost at the ribbing.
- Greg finished the knitting on this year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL. He is using yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm. It just needs blocking.
- Greg is still letting Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan have space in his brain while he procrastinates with finishing Frog.
- Greg is working on a few design projects.
- Greg sewed up a drawstring project bag using the Lined Drawstring Bag Tutorial from In Color Order. It is an absolutely wonderful pattern and he wants to sew more.
- Pam finished a 3rd blue hat for #HATNOTHATE using the Quick Knit Loom Kit.
- Pam finished a Hot and Cold Bowl Cozy by Tina Meininger.
- Pam finished the Cesaria Top by Irina Anikeeva. She is using Elsebeth Levold Hempathy.
- Pam finished another crochet bunting with apples using the pattern In Love With Apples by Raffaella Tassoni. She used KnitPicks Palette.
- Pam worked on on Ella’s Felted Christmas Stocking. She is using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky.
- Pam worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks in cheviot spun from Sadie Spins! and she is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- Pam cast on the Windschief Hat by Stephen West. She is using Buffalo Wool Co. Moon.
- Pam got her Chilkat Cowl by Romi Hill out of hiding and is ready to start working on it again.
- Next episode we will dive into Chapter 1 of The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We are partnering with Hat Not Hate and running a KAL with drawings for prizes! Hat Not Hate is trying to collect as many blue hats as they can before September 13. That’s just enough time for everyone to help! Visit the Ravelry thread for details on how to participate! Find #HATNOTHATE everywhere! Website Facebook Instagram YouTube
- We started an Unraveling Chat Facebook Group! Please feel free to join the conversations there, too.
- Greg talked about Bill’s Hot Dogs in eastern North Carolina.
- Greg mentioned the American Utopia show currently running in New York City.
- Pam mentioned printfriendly.com.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram