In Episode 123, Greg and Pam discuss chickens, casting on, and catching up.
Many thanks to luchilucy Lucy and her chickens for the intro!
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
Yarn in the News
- Pam’s friend sent an article called The Doctor Is Knitting, written by a doctor about how she has found knitting helps manage her stress.
- Greg shared an article about a mix-up with a knitter and a license plate in the UK.
- Greg finished some fingerless mitts for Meredith. He’s using the Cloudburst pattern by Arienne Grey and Berroco Folio™ yarn.
- Greg cast on and finished some fingerless mitts for Blueberry. He used the Pioneer Gloves pattern by Kelly McClure. The yarn is Wild Hare Fiber Studio Pinnacle DK in the Skywalker colorway. It’s black light reactive! He loves the pattern so much, he’s planning on knitting this pattern for a friend.
- Greg is knitting socks for his mom. He’s using Sea Star Handpaints Buried Treasure yarn.
- Pam shared an update on the Windschief Hat by Stephen West.
- Pam started and finished a Baby Surprised Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann. She used KnitPicks Felici.
- Pam is working on her Chilkat Cowl by Romi Hill and is in love.
- Pam finished the Super Bulky Hat by Ashleigh Kiser. She is using Loops & Threads Cozy Wool.
- Pam worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks in cheviot spun from Sadie Spins! and she is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- Pam cast on the Gro Shawl and is using Twisted Willow Merino Linen Twist yarn.
- Pam also briefly mentioned the Snowbound Ornament by Christina Smith.
- Next episode we will continue Chapter 1 of The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes and discuss Cellulosic Fibers. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The disorganized Topalong is still going strong in the Ravelry threads! And it’s time for sweaterweather. Join in the fun and knowledge sharing!
- Greg is excited that the Braves won the World Series.
- Greg mentioned that he is playing chess online. If you like playing chess, feel free to reach out. He’s KnittingDaddy on chess.com.
- Greg is thrilled we are on Standard Time again. He mentioned an article about two people on opposite sides of the issue.
- Greg and Pam talked about a comment on the Episode 122 show notes dealing with the history of cotton production and slavery.
- Greg mentioned Creative with Clay‘s beautiful knitting inspired mugs.
- Pam and Greg rattled off some Apple TV+ shows and that you can get 4 months free with the Target Circle App. We mentioned Ted Lasso, Come From Away, The Morning Show, Foundation, and Invasion.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram