In Episode 131, Greg and Pam discuss sandwiches, darning, and washing machines.
Many thanks to Chris & Olga Cohoon for the episode introduction! You can find out more about The Sandwich Game and Kickstarter here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there. ***Please help us manage the group by answering the questions when you request to join!***
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
Yarn in the News
- We shared an article from People magazine about the hand knit (or crocheted?) bouquets that the Olympic athletes will receive.
- We shared an article from the Philadelphia Inquirer about the best knitting and fiber arts stores in the Philly area.
- Greg started and finished the Slip Stitch For A Garden Cowl by Amie Palmer. Check out his project page.
- Greg is working on his Christmas Eve Cast-on socks. He is using yarn from Oink Pigments.
- Greg finished Frog from Frog & Toad and finished his (overrated) pants. He’s working on the jacket now. When Frog’s done, he’ll tackle Toad.
- Greg is darning socks with the Darning & Mending Loom from Katrinkles.
- Pam finished the Gro Shawl using Twisted Willow Merino Linen Twist yarn. Special thanks to Black Mountain Yarn Shop for soothing my yarn chicken loss.
- Pam cast on the Wilson Cowl by Joan Beebe using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam started a heart bunting for her daughter. She is using the Swirly Hearts pattern from Atty*s. She is just using scraps.
- Pam started a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- Next episode we will have a special interview with Jan Hamby of Fairwinds Farm. Jan will continue the farm yarns book club discussion with us. In Episode 133 we will continue Section 2 of The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes. We will begin a discussion of color. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Pam mentioned that Carolina FiberFest has their vendors, craft along patterns and workshop registration up on the website.
- The disorganized Topalong is still going strong in the Ravelry threads! And it’s time for sweaterweather. Join in the fun and knowledge sharing!
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is back!
- Pam mentioned the intro to the show The Wheel of Time.
- Pam & Greg both love Ann Tudor and her stitch markers.
- Pam is participating in the @FiberuaryChallenge by @CreativeCeci.
- We mentioned the resurgence of some favorite podcasts: Twinset Designs with Twinset Jan, Cast On with Brenda Dayne, and Commuter Knitter Podcast with Notre Dame Jen.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram