In Episode 19, Greg and Joey talk about singers, fair knitting, and ukulele gatherings.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- We gave away loads of prizes from the County Fair KAL. Spoiler alert: everyone who entered the KAL won a prize. Tune in and find out what you won.
- Notes from the Ravelry Group
- Knitter’s Confessions: a safe place to confess your deepest, darkest knitting secret.
- Joey is working on a scarf for his son. He promises to finish it by Christmas.
- Greg is working on his Halcyarn Socks (project page). First sock is complete. He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn.
- Greg is working on the Voss Cowl (project page). Since the last episode, he ripped it all out and re-knit it, switching which color yarn he was holding in each hand. This changed the color dominance and now the yarn is looking how he wants it to look.
- Greg is working on the Flower Cardigan (project page) for Blueberry. He hopes to finish it soon so Blueberry can wear it this winter.
- Greg finished a cross stitch lighthouse that he picked up on vacation a couple of weeks ago.
- Frank Sinatra
- Bob Dylan
- Shadows In the Night (affiliate link) — Bob’s album of Frank Sinatra Covers
- Duquesne Whistle
- Tom Waits
- Greg entered the North Carolina State Fair with six items and won awards for four of them.
- Bodie Island Light Station
- Tybee Island Light House
- TBUG — The Tampa Bay Ukulele Group
- TV (micro-)Time With Joey
Listen To the Episode
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.