In Episode 57, Greg and Pam discuss Winning Things, Finishing Things and Designing Things.
Special thanks to TwinSetEllen for this episode’s introduction!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg finished a pair of socks! Christmas Is Coming Socks in Dyeabolical Sturdy (version 1) yarn.
- Greg continues to work on his Lana Grosa Socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Ashbury yarn.
- Greg continues to work on The Peacock’s Tale by Nim Teasdale. He is using Wolle’s Yarn Creations Color Changing Cotton in the Growth 2 color way (project page).
- Pam finished the test knit for her friend Martha. She used Anzula Nebula and APL Crafts Handmade in Blue Galaxy. Martha published the pattern for the Swish Shawl! (Martha’s pattern page has good pictures of Pam’s finished shawl!)
- Pam finished the 150 Fade. It took a little tweaking but it looks great.
- Pam also finished her Elizabeth Zimmermann Coat! It just needed buttons and button loops.
- Pam is just about done with the Stripe Domination Hat for the KAL. By the time you read this, it will be done.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Join in on our KAL! Let’s explore color dominance with the Stripe Domination Hat by Ellen Silva. See the KAL thread in the Ravelry Group for a pattern discount code. And there is a prize up for grabs!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Blue Ridge Fiber Festival (June 7 & 8) in beautiful Sparta, NC. Some classes will be offered on June 6.
- Just in case you want to mark your calendar for Carolina FiberFest in 2020, it will be March 13-14.
- PassionKNITS Yarn is a FiberCrafty shop that specializes in handdyed yarn. Ain has offered a coupon code for our listeners! Use code PKY2019 for 20% off your purchase until April 30. You can follow Ain on Instagram, too!
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
- We enjoyed a discussion with TwinSetEllen, designer, podcaster and listener!
- We discussed TwinSetJan‘s Fair Winds Farm online shop (still not stocked but you can book mark it!)
- We also discussed Philosopher’s Wool Company and the way they teach color management. There is a video clip on their website.
- One of Greg’s treasured purchases from the Carolina Fiber Fest is always the travel mug kit from Knits4Comfort.
- Pam picked up some Bee’s Wrap and is looking forward to seeing how it works.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.