In Episode 66, Greg and Pam discuss being old and in the way. They also review Leaflet #17 from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s “The Opinionated Knitter.”
Special thanks to Dave (KnitCentral Maryann’s husband) for the wonderful intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg finished socks (project page) for his mom. He is using a combination of techniques from several patterns: Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder, Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist, and Strie Socks, Toe Up by Lara Neel.
- Greg is working on socks (project page) for himself. He is using a combination of techniques from several patterns: Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder, Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist, and Strie Socks, Toe Up by Lara Neel.
- Greg is working on his Scrappy Sock Yarn blanket (project page). Pattern is Knitted Patchwork Recipe by Martine Ellis.
- Pam finished her Mohair Magic Kit Poncho. She got it from Kathy at Got My Goat. She recorded a review before she cast on!
- Pam has made a lot of progress on her crochet project, the Malia Bag by Rebecca Langford.
- Pam also worked on her CPCTC Socks by Sarah Jordan.
- Pam cast on the Julgran Sweater by Andi Satterlund. She is using 100% superwash merino worsted from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam took a weaving class and made a dishtowel! Now she needs a loom.
- needleslicksetc is a FiberCrafty shop that has unique, hand drawn stitch markers that are very whimsical, ring stitch marker sets and travel niddy noddys.
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #17, pages 88-89 featuring hand knit tights! Next up, Leaflet #18, pages 90-93.
- The Weaver’s Idea Book by Jane Patrick
- Signature Needle Arts 9″ Circular Needles: Greg tested the prototypes for these needles last year and is excited to see that they are now available. He received a set as a “thank you” for testing and is looking forward to trying the production model.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
- Are you ready for the Back to School Colorwork CAL? It is starting September 1. Line up your “school” supplies now!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Pam & Greg will be giving a talk about Elizabeth Zimmermann at the Ol’ North State Knitting Guild on September 9 in Raleigh, NC.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.