In Episode 72, Greg and Pam discuss magic, birthdays, and taco parties. They also review Leaflet #21 from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
Special thanks to MartaSchmarta for the intro and congrats on a cool publication!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg finished the gramps cardigan, pattern by tincanknits. He used Berroco Vintage. The Button Whisper (aka his wife) came through and found the perfect buttons for it.
- Greg started the Alouette cardigan, pattern by Lisa Chemery. He is using Kraemer Yarns Perfection Sport (provided by Kraemer Yarns for review).
- Greg started a Knits4Comfort tumbler with a kit he bought at the Carolina Fiber Fest last year.
- Pam finished the Julgran Sweater by Andi Satterlund. Kind of. She is using 100% superwash merino worsted from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam also worked a little bit on the Interplay Shaw for the Back to School Colorwork CAL. She is using yarn from Dirty Water DyeWorks.
- Pam finished unknitting a sweater she made her husband years ago.
- Pam made two tea towel aprons using a free pattern from the Missouri Star Quilt Co.
- Pam also made 12 dryer balls.
- Pam worked a little bit on Avery’s college blanket.
- Pam assembled and warped her new Kromski Harp Forte rigid heddle loom. She received a book called The Weaver’s Idea Book: Creative Cloth on a Rigid Heddle Loom (affiliate link) by Jane Patrick.
- Serenity Artisans is a woodworking and gift shop that has some beautiful and unique gifts!
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #21, pages 102-107 featuring the Baby Surprise Jacket! Next up, Leaflet #22, pages ZYZ.
- We mentioned the BSJ group on Ravelry.
- We are almost done with The Opinionated Knitter! The next book we will tackle is Knitting Rules! (affiliate link) by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
- Did you have fun with the Back to School Colorwork CAL? It started September 1 and the Ravelry thread was hopping! We drew names for the final prizes in this one! Thanks to Camel City Dyeworks and Knitcrate for providing prizes.
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is ongoing. We intend to draw for winners next episode.
- Greg collected over 100 preemie hats via the Itty Bitty Knits Revelry group.
- Check out the upcoming book release from that Marta talked about: Harry Potter: Knitting Magic: The Official Harry Potter Knitting Book (affiliate link)
- Kanki is a great place in Raleigh to go for birthdays.
- Greg and Pam chatted a bit about The Traveling Wilburys.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.