In Episode 84, Greg and Pam discuss kittens, fishing, and buttons. They also have a conversation with the Button Whisperer!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg completely finished a pair of socks for his mom. Yarn is form Camel City Dyeworks. He is using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel on the sock, which is a great pattern.
- Greg is working on a hat design with ModeKnit Yarn.
- Pam worked a tiny bit on Scott’s socks using Patons Kroy.
- Pam is using yarn from Heelside Farms that is worsted 80% Cormo/20% Bamboo for The Weekender sweater by Andrea Mowrey.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers using yarn from PassionKnits Yarn.
- Pam prepped some cheviot fiber from Sadie Spins Yarn and made a mug sleeve with the same previously spun yarn, which was promptly frogged.
- We are between chapters in Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter (affiliate link). We’ll be back next time starting Chapter 3.
The Button Whisperer
- The Button Whisperer mentioned a few books:
- The Evolution of Useful Things (affiliate link) by Henry Petroski.
- Books, Banks, Buttons: And Other Inventions from the Middle Ages (affiliate link) by Chiara Frugoni.
- A History of Costume (affiliate link) by Carl Kohler.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
- Ravelry has a new look. You can share feedback in this thread or this thread on Ravelry. Be sure to fill out their survey!
- Greg loves Old Bay Hot Sauce.
- Greg enjoyed watching the homemade version of The Princess Bride on Quibi.
- We talked about the news that BluPrint / Craftsy is coming back.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram