In Episode 86, Greg and Pam discuss disasters, struggling, and zombies. They discuss the project bags section of Chapter 3 From “Knitting Rules!” by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg is continuing knitting on The Peacock’s Tale by Nim Teasdale. He’s using Wolle’s Yarn Creations Cotton 100 gr in the Growth 2 colorway. Check out his project page.
- Greg is working on some basic socks for himself. He is using Sea Star Handpaints Bare Foot in the Sweater Weather colorway. He’s decorating it with progress keepers from Ann Tudor as he goes. Check out his project page.
- Greg finished a weaving project. He learned a lot.
- Pam worked on Scott’s socks using Patons Kroy.
- Pam is using yarn from Heelside Farms that is worsted 80% Cormo/20% Bamboo for The Weekender sweater by Andrea Mowrey.
- Pam made a Hand Palm Scrubby by Randy Cavaliere which Avery promptly claimed.
- Pam made a Knit Back Scrubber by Michelle Wilcox.
- Pam also made MORE face scrubbies with cotton yarn. She thinks she has figured out her favorite “style”. You can see these on her project page but these are the ones she made:
- Avery has been weaving
- Avery is also crocheting a beach bag with plarn.
- We discussed the project bag section of Chapter 3 in Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter (affiliate link).
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
- We talked about the earthquake in North Carolina on August 9.
- Greg is enjoying the baseball knit-a-long in the Sunsoaked Yarns Ravelry group.
- Greg mentioned the Fish Nerds podcast, because the host asked Greg if he ever knitted his own fishing lure.
- Blueberry is participating in a virtual fishing tournament. Feel free to like her entry on Facebook if you want to help her in the tournament.
- During our talk about project bags, we mentioned Tom Bihn Bags, specifically the one designed for knitters.
- We also talked about the Fix-A-Stitch tool which is handy for picking up dropped stitches and other repairs.
- The 2020 NC State Fair is cancelled. So is SAFF.
- Greg started posting on the Knitting Daddy blog again. Keep him accountable for posting regularly.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram