In Episode 88, Greg and Pam discuss figs, family, and floor stands. They also explored identifying mystery yarns.
Special thanks to TopHat Heather for this episode’s intro! Heather hosts the JABAK Podcast.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg blocked The Peacock’s Tale by Nim Teasdale. He used Wolle’s Yarn Creations Cotton 100 gr in the Growth 2 colorway. He absolutely loves the shawl. Check out his project page.
- Greg finished some basic socks for himself. He used Sea Star Handpaints Bare Foot in the Sweater Weather colorway and was sloppy about weaving in the ends. Check out his project page.
- Greg started some more basic socks for himself. This time using Sea Star Handpaints Burried Treasure (a DK-weight yarn) in the Cape Hatteras & Brick-ish kit. He loves knitting big fluffy socks. Check out his project page.
- Pam finished her Weekender sweater by Andrea Mowrey. She used yarn from Heelside Farms that is worsted 80% Cormo/20% Bamboo.
- Pam started the Super Soft Merino Snowflake Scarf by Purl Soho. It is for the Foster Care to Success Red Scarf Project. She is using Allegria Grande by Manos del Uruguay.
- Pam worked on Scott’s Socks – toe-up, stockinette, FLKH using Patons Kroy Sock Fx.
- Pam started spinning the 2nd singles of her Cheviot sock spinning project. The fiber is lovely from Sadie Spins Yarn!
- Pam discovered that her Archer sweater by Elizabeth Doherty has a hold in it! It was knit with Malabrigo Finito. Granted, she left it on the floor of her closet but her goal is to repair it in September.
- This episode we traveled back to Chapter 2 to the yarn identification section of the book Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter. What happened when we tried to identify 12 mystery yarns?
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away more chatter prizes next month, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance.
- Greg got a mug from Creative With Clay Charan Sachar. If you’re not already following his Instagram account, you are totally missing out.
- We mentioned the 2 Knit Lit Chicks podcast. We especially enjoy their “thumbs up, thumbs down” segment.
- Pam has sweaters on the brain and mentioned Knitting Pure & Simple patterns by Diane Soucy.
- Pam also mentioned that she buys a lot of her Kindle books when they are on sale, which she finds out about from the Modern Mrs. Darcy newsletter.
- Greg is continuing to enjoy the baseball knit-a-long in the Sunsoaked Yarns Ravelry group. He’s also attending virtual knit groups with them from time to time.
- Greg is also attending virtual knit groups with TwinSet Designs
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram