In Episode 148, Greg and Pam discuss unexpected vacation complications, astronomy, and fancy yarn.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg finished socks for his mom. He is using yarn from Twist Fiber Studio. It incorporated the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg started new socks for himself. He is using yarn from Two Guys Yarn Company. It will incorporate the Non-Euclidian heel by Sarah Jordan and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg is working on the Choose Greg’s Adventure 2022 Mystery Shawl. Be sure to visit the KnittingDaddy.com blog and vote on the next design decision! Listen to the episode to find out how to get a discount on two hanks Beach Bunny Yarns World Traveler yarn for the shawl.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam finished her Reyna Shawl by Noora Backlund. She is using yarn from PassionKNITS Yarn. She totally forgot to talk about this so stay tuned for next time.
- Pam finished the Classic Cuffed Hat by Purl Soho using KnitPicks Mighty Stitch.
- Pam started a cowl test knit for Carolina FiberFest. It is based on the Euphoric Shawl by HandmadebyZan. She is using La Jolla by Baah Yarn.
- Pam started Loveland Lite by Toni Lipsey. She is using Studio Sox from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam started Polarlys by Martina Behm. She is using Merino Lace (discontinued) by Palouse Yarn Co.
- Pam purchase some Quiviut Yarn and mentioned the Brigida Stole at the store as well as the Brigida Shawl pattern.
- We are in between books now but stay tuned for the next book club selection!
- Greg enjoyed baseball with the Atlanta Braves, the Carolina Disco Turkeys, and the Greensboro Grasshoppers.
- Greg enjoyed Shrek: The Musical with Blueberry.
- Pam mentioned the Arecibo Message, the Arecibo Observatory and SETI.
- Pam mentioned that she’s knitted the CPCTC socks by Sarah Jordan before.
- Pam is celebrating 4 years as a co-host of the podcast.
- Greg mentioned Boil-The-Bag-Peanuts. They are delicious.
- Pam mentioned A Column of Fire by Ken Follet.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram