In Episode 149, Greg and Pam discuss finding yarn shops while traveling, dungeons and dragons adventures, and national parks.
Many thanks to CarolinaSpinner Ashley for the episode introduction! Ashley is closing her shop but still has some of her great project bags available! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for a bonus when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg continues working on socks for himself. He is using yarn from Two Guys Yarn Company. It will incorporate the Non-Euclidian heel by Sarah Jordan and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg is working on the Choose Greg’s Adventure 2022 Mystery Shawl. We are almost done! Just the final edge border to go; a pattern update should be available in a week or so. Greg is using Beach Bunny Yarns World Traveler yarn for the shawl.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam finished her Reyna Shawl by Noora Backlund. She is using yarn from PassionKNITS Yarn. She used this tutorial to finish with a picot bind-off.
- Pam finished the cowl test knit for Carolina FiberFest. It is based on the Euphoric Shawl by HandmadebyZan. She is using La Jolla by Baah Yarn. The pattern will be available late summer/early fall!
- Pam worked on Loveland Lite by Toni Lipsey. She is using Studio Sox from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam worked on Polarlys by Martina Behm. She is using Merino Lace (discontinued) by Palouse Yarn Co.
- Pam made a small pouch for her yarn scale. She made up the pattern and wrote it on her project page. She used a sample from Miss Babs in the color Bewitching.
- Pam mentioned the Wisp Pattern from Knitty.
Book Review: Knitting the National Parks
- Pam and Greg reviewed Knitting the National Parks by Nancy Bates. It was provided by the publisher Weldon Owen. The book is scheduled for release on August 30, 2022, but you can pre-order it now so that it will show up as soon as it’s available.
- We are in between books now but stay tuned for the next book club selection!
- Greg mentioned Huey’s On The River restaurant in Savannah, GA.
- Greg mentioned the Crits & Knits stream/podcast. He is currently their featured designer and sometime in the next few months will probably join the party for an adventure.
- Greg taught himself the Ladderback Jacquard technique using Ysolda’s tutorial.
- We talked about the National Parks Passport program.
- Greg got an enamel pin that is a Danis Biscuits tin that opens up to reveal the contents of a sewing kit. It’s available from NAUTIKALMILES.
- Pam mentioned a 3 ingredient, no churn ice cream recipe.
- Pam also mentioned Momofuku Soy & Scallion Ramen.
- Greg buys Samyang Buldak rame in bulk from Amazon.
- We discussed the Yarn Shop finder and Road Trip Planner on Ravelry.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram