In Episode 150, Greg and Pam discuss just-in-time parenting, mystery knit-alongs, and designing specific-purpose items.
Many thanks to Str8upknitter Christy and Chiefy Pam for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for a bonus when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Patrons – go see our poll in the Patreon site for our next Zoom call!***
- Greg continues working on socks for himself. He is using yarn from Two Guys Yarn Company. It will incorporate the Non-Euclidian heel by Sarah Jordan and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg has finished the Choose Greg’s Adventure 2022 Mystery Shawl. He is using Beach Bunny Yarns World Traveler yarn.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam worked on Polarlys by Martina Behm. She is using Merino Lace (discontinued) by Palouse Yarn Co.
- Pam worked on the Loveland Lite Shawl by Toni Lipsey. She is using Studio Sox from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam made a sleeve for her Apple Pencil. She made up the pattern. She used a sample from Miss Babs in the color Petrified Forest.
- Pam made a Little Woolen House bird house by Katie Boyette. This is another Carolina FiberFest Craft Along pattern that will be available soon!
- We are in between books now but stay tuned for the next book club selection!
- Greg is exciting to go see Weird Al Yankovic in concert.
- Greg and Pam discussed an article from ScienceNews: How one physicist is unraveling the mathematics of knitting.
- Greg and Pam mentioned a Ravelry group dedicated to mystery knit-alongs. The group is Upcoming MKAL/MCAL Calendar.
- Greg mentioned that NBC is rebooting “Quantum Leap.”
- Greg and Pam are going to host an Ask Me Anything episode in the near future! You can submit your questions with this form.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram