In Episode 157, Greg and Pam answer questions submitted through the “Ask Us Anything” form. We’re still taking questions and will do this again on a future episode!
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a special surprise. Use code KD20 at checkout for a bonus when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Shawl & Sweater Patrons: our next Zoom call will be on Saturday, December 10 at 11am Eastern!***
- Pam’s Favorites that she mentioned were: her Christmas stockings, Mystik Spiral Socks, Swirly Pop Blanket, Langfield Hat, and Pendulum Shawl.
- Greg’s favorite that he mentioned was the first thing he ever knitted: Blueberry’s Preemie Hat.
- We mentioned the Knitting Pipeline podcast. the host, Paula, is no longer with us but she was lovely and her podcast is still available.
- Cast On, Bind Off: 211 Ways to Begin and End Your Knitting (Cap Sease)
- The Fleece & Fiber Sourcebook: More Than 200 Fibers, from Animal to Spun Yarn (Carol Ekarius and Deborah Robson)
- Knitting Modular Shawls, Wraps, and Stoles (Melissa Leapman)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Writing Knitting Patterns: Learn to Write Patterns Others Can Knit (Kate Atherley)
- A Treasury of Knitting Patterns (Barbara G Walker)
- Vogue Knitting The Ultimate Knitting Book (Vogue Knitting magazine)
- Greg talked about designing.
- He uses StitchMastery when designing charts for his patterns.
- He employs a tech editor. He has loved working with every tech editor he’s used and is currently working with Bronwyn the Brave for his patterns (and often romance copy!).
- Greg talked about a few baseball movies:
- Here is Greg at the Ol’ North State Knitting Guild.
- Here is Episode 36 interviewing Pam about FiberCrafty.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram