In Episode 158, Greg and Pam discuss audio engineering, bar hopping, and binge watching.
Many thanks to Robin from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For. for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a special surprise. Use code KD20 at checkout for a bonus when you sign up for a subscription.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Shawl & Sweater Patrons: our next Zoom call will be on Saturday, December 10 at 11am Eastern!***
- Greg finished his socks! He used yarn from Two Guys Yarn Company. They incorporate the Non-Euclidian heel by Sarah Jordan and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg finished a design project. More to come.
- Greg finished a generic washcloth.
- Greg cast on a second Bag of Sorting (pattern by Danielle Thuen) using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam finished the Tunisian crochet Loveland Lite by Toni Lipsey. She used Studio Sox from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam finished the Sahara Wrap Sweater by Camille Mikolas using Biggo (in the process of being discontinued) from Knitpicks.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on. She is planning to use the Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Pam worked on Citadel, a shawl by Janina Kallio. She is using yarn from Yarn over Floyd.
- Pam started the Knit Sleepy Fox Amigurumi by Amanda Maciel. She is using KnitPicks Wool of the Andes.
- Pam mentioned the Gno Fun Like Gnome Fun pattern by Sarah Schira.
- Drumroll please! We have selected our next book and it is Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. We will not begin discussing this until January 2023 so you have plenty of time to get your own copy.
- Greg talked about the Candle Tea that his church puts on. This is the first time doing it in person since the pandemic started.
- We announced our next Community Zoom that will be on January 7 at 11am Eastern. We will post the link in our Ravelry and Facebook groups or email us and we will send it!
- Greg is a regular guest on the Crits & Knits podcast. Tune in for the live Twitch stream on every other Wednesday at 8pm (Eastern). Or, catch the episode on the YouTube podcast a few weeks later.
- Greg and Pam hosted an Ask Us Anything episode and left the form open so you can submit your questions for future episodes. Submit your question with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL! Thanks to NordicStarYarns for donating prizes for the Festivals and Fairs KAL!
- Greg is collecting preemie hats for Family Support Network of Central Carolina. See his post in the Itty Bitty Knits Ravelry group for details.
- Pam mentioned the BuyNothingProject in her area but you may have one also.
- Greg mentioned he has been watching Wednesday on Netflix.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram