In Episode 192, Greg and Pam discuss fire, health checks, and bonus threads.
Many thanks to whimzeestitches Rick for the episode introduction! You can find Rick’s shop here. We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg finished the Sockhead Cowl (pattern by Kelly McClure). He’s using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For. Check out his project page.
- Greg finished the “I’m Fine. It’s Fine. Everything Is Fine.” cross-stitch pattern from White Raven Patterns. He heard about this pattern shop via the That’s Pretty Crafty stream.
- Greg started and finished the Spooky Night Beanie by Erin Gates. He used yarn from Knitcircus. Check out his project page.
- Greg started and finished the Magic Handwarmers by Danielle Thuen. He used yarn from Polymorph Dyeworks. Check out his project page.
- Greg started the Dragon Potholder by Lisa Hannan Fox. He is using the leftover yarn from the Knitcircus hat. Check out his project page.
- Pam is working on a test knit for Andrew of Briar Patch Fibre Co. She is using Berocco Ultra Wool.
- Pam also made a bunch of hats, mostly stashbusting. She made: the Latvian Braid Hat by Molly Conroy, The eM. Hat by Emily Russell, and the Stashbusting Helix Hat by RoseKim-Knits.
- Pam worked on a Donsy of Gnomes using the Gno Fun Like Gnome Fun by Sara Schira. She is making the Gnaomi version using sock yarn scraps.
- Pam also recently got a Sentro 48 peg circular knitting machine to make charity hats. She has been using video tutorials from Yarn Stash with Marching North.
- Pam worked on the Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir. She is using using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted and Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted. Tinna has good tutorials on her YouTube channel.
- Pam worked on Blackjack by Romi Hill. She is using Windy Valley Muskox 100% Quiviut.
- Pam cast on and finished Maeve Mouse from MamaMadeMinis. She used Bernat Blanket and started a Granny Square Baby Blanket by Daisy Cottage Designs with what was left.
- Pam cast on the Love Note by Tin Can Knits. She is using yarn from Iria Yarn Co. (not currently dyeing) and The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- We announced the next book club book! We will be reading The Golden Thread: How Fabric Changed History by Kassia St. Clair. Share how you are will enjoy the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Greg is hosting a Preemie Hat Collection in the Itty Bitty Knits Ravelry group.
- The Ol’ North State Knitting Guild is meeting again.
- The Knotty Sheep and Oak City Fibers are two new yarn stores opening in the Raleigh area.
- Greg went to SAFF again this year.
- Greg talked about the Dungeon Scarf of the Skeleton King pattern by Rik Schell from Purl’s Yarn Emporium.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
- Greg is a Snack Shack Sponsor in the Down Cellar Studio Pigskin Party ’23.
- Greg can also be found talking about knitting and playing Dungeons & Dragons at Crits and Knits.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram