In Episode 193, Greg and Pam discuss grand openings, holidays, and the cat hobo network.
Many thanks to Glen, owner of Raleigh LYS Oak City Fibers, for the episode introduction! You can also find Oak City Fibers on Instagram and Facebook. We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
Our Community Zoom call (open to all listeners!) will be held on Saturday, January 6, 2024 at 12pm Eastern time. A Zoom link will be shared closer to the date.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg started and finished another instance of the Magic Handwarmers by Danielle Thuen. He used yarn from Polymorph Dyeworks. Check out his project page.
- Greg finished the Dragon Potholder by Lisa Hannan Fox. He is using the leftover yarn from the Knitcircus hat. Check out his project page.
- Greg finished a scrubbie that he doesn’t have a pattern for and isn’t going to look up because the experience was so disappointing.
- Greg started a Yarn Cozy Lite (Knit) by Knitty Natty. He finished it a few minutes after the episode was recorded. Check out his project page.
- Pam was working on weaving a bookmark with a mini loom from Cottontail Farms. The looms are on her new website.
- Pam finished a test knit for Andrew of Briar Patch Fibre Co. She is using Berocco Ultra Wool. The pattern has been released and is the Diamond Weave Beanie.
- Pam finished a Donsy of Gnomes using the Gno Fun Like Gnome Fun by Sara Schira. She made the Gnaomi version using sock yarn scraps.
- Pam frogged The Sweetheart Hat by ReLo Designs (the pattern is great, Pam’s colorwork tension is not) and instead made the Brioche Topper by Laura Nelkin using Berroco Vintage Chunky. Pam mentioned FrettyBetty’s version.
- Pam has been making hats with her Sentro 48 peg circular knitting machine to make charity hats. She has been using video tutorials from Yarn Stash with Marching North.
- Pam worked on the Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir. She is using using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted and Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted. Tinna has good tutorials on her YouTube channel.
- Pam worked on Blackjack by Romi Hill. She is using Windy Valley Muskox 100% Quiviut.
- Pam cast on and finished Maeve Mouse from MamaMadeMinis. She used Bernat Blanket and made a Granny Square Baby Blanket by Daisy Cottage Designs with what was left.
- Pam also mentioned the water balloons she has made with Bernat Blanket.
- Pam worked on the Love Note sweater by Tin Can Knits. She is using yarn from Iria Yarn Co. (not currently dyeing) and The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- We announced the next book club book! We will be reading The Golden Thread: How Fabric Changed History by Kassia St. Clair. Share how you are will enjoy the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- Pam previously mentioned that she was spinning fiber from Touch of Fiber. She is dyeing again! You can find Touch of Fiber on Facebook or the dyed fiber at Oak City Fibers. Find her website here.
- Pam shared that Crown Royal will send military care packages. You can send one here.
- Pam mentioned her cousin Lisa’s Storybook Farm.
- Pam and Greg talked about Amy + Jacky Pressure Cook Recipes. Pam mentioned the Firecracker Pecans and Greg makes the chili.
- Pam mentioned her new Lumos Light, the website Just the Recipe and the app Paprika.
- Greg is hosting a Preemie Hat Collection in the Itty Bitty Knits Ravelry group.
- The Ol’ North State Knitting Guild is meeting again.
- The Knotty Sheep and Oak City Fibers are two new yarn stores open in the Raleigh area.
- Greg talked about the Dungeon Scarf of the Skeleton King pattern by Rik Schell from Purl’s Yarn Emporium.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
- Greg is a Snack Shack Sponsor in the Down Cellar Studio Pigskin Party ’23.
- Greg can also be found talking about knitting and playing Dungeons & Dragons at Crits and Knits.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram