In Episode 194, Greg and Pam discuss business meetings, cats, and being thankful.
Many thanks to Lindsay of Polymorph Dyeworks for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.
Our Community Zoom call (open to all listeners!) will be held on Saturday, January 6, 2024 at 12pm Eastern time. A Zoom link will be shared closer to the date.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.
- Greg finished a Yarn Cozy Lite (Knit) by Knitty Natty. Check out his project page.
- Greg started and finished pair of socks in the “Love is Love” colorway from Knitcircus yarn. Check out his project page.
- Greg stated a pair of socks in the “Northern Lights” colorway from Bad Sheep Yarn. Check out his project page.
- Pam worked on the Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir. She is using using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted and Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted. Tinna has good tutorials on her YouTube channel.
- Pam worked on Blackjack by Romi Hill. She is using Windy Valley Muskox 100% Quiviut.
- Pam worked on the Love Note sweater by Tin Can Knits. She is using yarn from Iria Yarn Co. (not currently dyeing) and The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam started Fish Lips Kiss Heel socks for herself. She is using Plymouth Dye for Me Happy Feet undyed and East Coast Yarns in Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Pam also started The eM. Hat with Berroco Comfort.
- We announced the next book club book! We will be reading The Golden Thread: How Fabric Changed History by Kassia St. Clair. Share how you are will enjoy the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
Book Review: Knitting California
- Pam and Greg reviewed Knitting California by Nancy Bates. It was provided by the publisher Weldon Owen. We loved it.
- Pam mentioned knitting at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
- Greg talked about taking the Amtrak train to Raleigh for the Annual Podcast Business Meeting prior to going to Florida for the ArchConf software architecture conference.
- We mentioned Ann Tudor and her stitch markers.
- We mentioned the Monterey Bay Aquarium webcams.
- Pam mentioned the Apple TV show For All Mankind.
- Greg mentioned Calibre and Logseq.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
- Greg is a Snack Shack Sponsor in the Down Cellar Studio Pigskin Party ’23.
- Greg can also be found talking about knitting and playing Dungeons & Dragons at Crits and Knits.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram