In Episode 100, Greg and Pam discuss celebrations, change, and catching up.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our survey!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
Yarn in the News
- We shared an article from The New Yorker about How Politics Tested Ravelry and the Crafting Community.
- Related, Ravelry has introduced Dark Mode.
- Greg continues to work on the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He is using Knitologie Silken Worsted yarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor.
- Greg is working on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. His wife’s birthday has come and gone, so he can work on it without being secretive now.
- Greg has bought yarn for this year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL and is looking forward to that, it starts in the next few weeks.
- Pam finished and gifted the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She used Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks. She is basically using the Vanilla Latte Socks pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- She finished the Fish Hat by Thelma Egberts using leftover sock yarn. There is a website with additional information also.
- Pam did a little spinning on the BFL/Border Leicester fiber she has been working on.
- Pam started crochet motif Paws for another Christmas stocking. She used the pattern Supercute and Easy Paw by MaryJ Handmade. She used KnitPicks Palette held double.
- Pam is test knitting some gloves for a friend. She is using Bijou Basin Ranch Tibetan Dream (now closed).
- Pam is getting ready to cast on her goals blanket using the Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She swatched, measured, did math and knows how many stitches to start with. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Nextup is chapter 7, stay tuned!
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We gave away a prize for the February chatter on Ravelry, and 4 prizes for survey participation!
- We talked about Paula Emons-Fuessle, host of the Knitting Pipeline podcast. Paula passed away this week and Pam and Greg both share fond memories about her.
- Pam mentioned the website JourneyNorth.org and their Hummingbird migration maps.
- We also mentioned our episode that includes our talk Unraveling Elizabeth Zimmermann. You can find that in Episode 73.
- Greg has been (or will be) a guest on a few podcasts: The NomaDad Podcast, Dads With Daughters, and Lion Brand’s The Shi Show.
- Greg made a Taco Pie in his InstantPot. It was a big hit.
- “At” the virtual Carolina FIberFest this year, Pam and Greg both purchased the CFF’21 colorway from The Fibre Studio. Pam also purchased a needle punch kit and wheel pocket from Cottontail Farm.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram