In Episode 99, Greg and Pam discuss frogs, friends, and fiber.
Special thanks to lasknit2 Lisa for the intro!
Thank you to everyone who participated in our survey!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
Yarn in the News
- Greg continues to work on the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He is using Knitologie Silken Worsted yarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor.
- Greg is working on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. His wife’s birthday has come and gone, so he can work on it without being secretive now.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is using Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks. She is basically using the Vanilla Latte Socks pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- She started the Fish Hat by Thelma Egberts using leftover sock yarn. There is a website with additional information also.
- The last 2 episodes, Pam also mentioned the Mash It Up Hat by Babs Ausherman and failed to include it in the show notes.
- And Pam talked about mending the Men’s Loafer Slipper Felted she made in 2017. Monique Rae is the designer.
- We covered the end chapter 6 (p. 144-151) of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter. We will start chapter 7 in 2 episodes! (Episode 101)
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We announced that we will start drawing for prizes in the monthly chatter threads on Ravelry, starting in February!
- Carolina FiberFest 2021 will be virtual. Workshops are posted! You can sign up for the newsletter if you want.
- Greg negotiated a better rate for his SiriusXM subscription and used the money he saved to start a BritBox subscription so that he can watch Classic Doctor Who.
- The Georgia Senate passed a bill to eliminate Daylight Saving Time. Greg is ready to move.
- We have mentioned the Laura Neel Sock Architecture book a couple of times recently.
- We thanked martaschmarta for the patterns. She has a new line of cowls inspired by The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
- We thanked JKFibers for the yarn donations!
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram