In Episode 98, Greg and Pam discuss time, reverse engineering, and homework.
Special thanks to carpedoty Alicia for the intro! Check out Alicia’s new pattern: The Anywhere Window.
***LAST CALL*** Please take about 5 minutes to complete our Listener Survey! We want your feedback and to know a little more about our listeners!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
Yarn in the News
- Greg shared an article about reverse engineering knitting.
- Greg continues to work on the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He is using Knitologie Silken Worsted yarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Greg is (kinda) working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor.
- Greg is (kinda) working on Frog and Toad and is concerned about finishing it in time to be a present for his wife.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is using Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks.
- She also started a new spin with a BFL/Border Leicester Cross.
- She pulled yarn for the Fish Hat and mentioned the Fish Hat website.
- We covered the middle of chapter 6 (p. 135-142) of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter. Next episode will finish chapter 6 (p144-151)
- Greg mentioned the Easy Peasy Socks for First-Timers pattern by Stacey Trock as a great pattern for learning basic sock-knitting techniques.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We drew prizes for the #KnittingMagicKAL.
- We announced that we will start drawing for prizes in the monthly chatter threads on Ravelry, starting in February!
- We shared that oharethey Christina Bain of the Ravelry Team passed away. Ravelry wrote a nice tribute to her.
- Greg bought a New Model M keyboard and is very excited about it.
- Greg is playing chess on chess.com. He’s KnittingDaddy there if you’d like to play games with him.
- BostonJen shared her new Abington Mitts pattern with us.
- We mentioned a few other podcasts that we love: Down Cellar Studio, Yarns at Yin Hoo, and Cast On.
- Carolina FiberFest 2021 will be virtual. Workshops are posted! You can sign up for the newsletter if you want.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram