In Episode 97, Greg and Pam discuss mittens, taking notes, and class five rapids.
Special thanks to Punny Dave for this episode’s intro! He is walshcentral MaryAnn’s husband.
Please take about 5 minutes to complete our Listener Survey! We want your feedback and to know a little more about our listeners!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg continues to work on the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He is using Knitologie Silken Worsted yarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Greg is (kinda) working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor.
- Greg is (kinda) working on Frog and Toad and hopes to finish it by next month as a present for his wife.
- Pam cast on a finished the Pioneer Gloves by Kelly McClure. She used Patons Classic Wool Worsted. Pam mentioned using the Elastic Bind-off.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is using Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam also finished a basic dishcloth similar to Gramma’s Favorite dishcloth.
- Pam also mentioned the Stripe Domination hat by Ellen M. Silva that finally made it’s way to her niece.
- We will started chapter 6 (p. 126-135) of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter. Next episode will cover p. 135 (from turning the heel)-142
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is wrapping up! We will be drawing random prizes from the FO Thread around February 12. Go ahead and get your finished objects entered!
- We announced that we will start drawing for prizes in the monthly chatter threads on Ravelry, starting in February!
- Bernie Sanders’ mittens were in the news. A lot places. But here is one article and here is another.
- Webs, America’s Yarn Store, sold to LoveCrafts.
- Pam is watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV. Again.
- Greg mentioned The Expanse on Amazon Prize. These are based on the book series by James S. A. Corey. The first in the series is Leviathan Wakes.
- Greg is also watching WandaVision.
- Greg loves the site “Pretty Handy Girl” for their tutorial on replacing the hydraulics on a storm door.
- Greg mourns the passing of Don Sutton and Hank Aaron.
- Greg loves the Sock Architecture book by Lara Neel.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram