In Episode 96, Greg and Pam discuss beads, the witness protection program, and knitting the galaxy.
Special thanks to Pam’s son, Bradley, for this episode’s intro!
Please take about 5 minutes to complete our Listener Survey! We want your feedback and to know a little more about our listeners!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg finished a pair of socks. He is using Apothefaery Fabrications Middle of the Road Sock yarn.
- Greg continues to work on the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He is using Knitologie Silken Worsted yarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Greg cast on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor.
- Greg cast on Frog and Toad and hopes to finish it by next month as a present for his wife.
- Pam bound off Scott’s Socks – toe-up, stockinette, FLKH using Patons Kroy Sock Fx. She used a broken rib for the cuff.
- Pam cast on and finished the Constellate Hat by Hunter Hammersen. She used yarn from lolodidit.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is using Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam also cast on her Spinning for Socks Socks in cheviot spun from Sadie Spins! and she is kindof using the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
Review: Star Wars Knitting the Galaxy
Greg and Pam reviewed Star Wars Knitting the Galaxy by Tanis Gray and Insight Editions. You can save 25% off anything on Insight Editions (excluding limited edition products, collectibles, and already discounted books) with code “market”. The book will be released January 26, 2021.
- Next episode we will start chapter 6 of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away more chatter prizes next month, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance. Last month!
- We announced that we will start drawing for prizes in the monthly chatter threads on Ravelry, starting in February!
- Pam mentioned that she got a Winderfull for Christmas, but she hasn’t tried it yet.
- She also mentioned some project bags she got from Firehouse Dog Fred.
- And Pam got a shawl cuff for Christmas.
- Pam mentioned Ted Lasso on Apple TV.
- Greg mentioned The Expanse on Amazon Prize. These are based on the book series by James S. A. Corey. The first in the series is Leviathan Wakes.
- Greg’s Signature Needle Arts 9″ circular needle broke while he was knitting a sock. Signature replaced the needle with no problems. He’s looking forward to being back in business with them soon.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram