In Episode 95, Greg and Pam discuss driving school, huge shawls, and hats.
Special thanks to FreshFossil Cassia for this episode’s intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg is working on a pair of socks. He is using Apothefaery Fabrications Middle of the Road Sock yarn.
- Greg continues to work on the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He is using Knitologie Silken Worsted yarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Greg’s Christmas sock yarn from KnittyAndColor has arrived, and he’s excited to cast it on Christmas Eve.
- Pam just has the bind-off on Scott’s Socks – toe-up, stockinette, FLKH using Patons Kroy Sock Fx. She used a broken rib for the cuff.
- Pam blocked the Dumpster Fire ornaments by KinoKnits. She is used KnitPicks Palette.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is using Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam is planning a 2021nhabit tracker blanket, similar to a temperature blanket. She is going to use the Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. There isn’t much of a presence, but there is a Facebook group for this.
- We covered the second half of Chapter 5 (pages 115-125) of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away more chatter prizes next month, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance.
- We are hosting a Holiday Cast On CAL and we are keeping it simple. Cast on either December 24 or 25th and we will wrap up on January 6, 2021. Prizes will be drawn based on chatter participation. Even though this follows the Christmas Calendar, it is open to everyone!
- Pam took Avery to participate in B.R.A.K.E.S. Driving School. It was a great experience and well worth it!
- We shared an article from The Dubrovnik Times about how Fitbit Test Reveals Knitting to be The Most Relaxing Hobby You Should Take Up This Year.
- Pam mentioned Powersheets, the goal setting planner she uses.
- Check out the Gravel Knits podcast.
- We mentioned the Moravian Star Ornament paper piecing tutorial.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram