In Episode 111, Greg and Pam discuss bunnies, cats, and copperheads.
Many thanks to the entire Twinset Summer Retreat for the intro!
Before we released episode 100, we asked our listeners to help us by completing a survey. we wanted to share the results of that survey with you, it can be found here
Help us out!! On that note, we have a new survey for you! It is really brief, we are evaluating whether or not to begin a Facebook group. Please help us by taking a minute or two to complete it.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor. Just one more sock to go, and he’s on the heel of it (knitting toe-up).
- Greg is working on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. His wife’s birthday has come and gone, so he can work on it without being secretive now.
- Greg is working on this year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL. He is using yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm.
- Pam worked on her goals blanket using the Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She started with a Double Crochet Foundation (actual term) and used this tutorial. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam worked on on Ella’s Felted Christmas Stocking. She is using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky.
- Pam worked on the Cesaria Top by Irina Anikeeva. She is using Elsebeth Levold Hempathy.
- Pam is finished the second crocheted Corner to Corner Dishcloth. She is using the tutorial from Lauri Bolland. When she got stuck she switched to this pattern for assistance (she didn’t stripe though).
- Pam started another crochet dishcloth, this time using the Griddle Stitch and a tutorial from Daisy Farm Crafts.
- We are in between books right now and are taking a brief “summer break”. When we start up again, our book club book will be The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes.
Pam and Greg reviewed the Harry Potter Crochet Wizardry book by Lee Sartori from Insight Editions.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Some of our community members started a disorganized KAL for making sweaters/tops/vests… any kind of torso garment. There is some great discussion in the Ravelry thread! We gave away a prize to people commenting in the thread….
- Fairs and Festivals are opening up again! We are having a loosely organized Fairs & Festivals KAL this year and you can find details in this thread. Pam mentioned an article ion the local news channel about the NC State Fair adding additional competition categories.
- We are partnering with Hat Not Hate for a back-to-school giveaway and to raise awareness about bullying prevention. More info to come in a future episode!
- Pam mentioned The Holderness Family Summer in the South Video.
- Pam mentioned Vintage Racers for Rescues rescue group.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram