In Episode 112, Greg and Pam discuss planning ahead, long memories, and Pam’s personal yarn service.
Many thanks to scitchr Diane for the intro!
Help us out!! On that note, we have a new survey for you! It is really brief, we are evaluating whether or not to begin a Facebook group. Please help us by taking a minute or two to complete it.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
Yarn in the News
- We shared an article about Tom Daley and his Olympic Gold Medal cosy.
- We talked about Tom Daley’s instagram for his knitting.
- We mentioned the Ravelympics drama from 2012.
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor. Just one more sock to go, and he’s on the heel of it (knitting toe-up).
- Greg is working on this year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL. He is using yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm.
- Greg is mentally stalled on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. He’s confident he’ll install once he gets one of his other projects off the needles.
- Greg has started making crochet dishcloths, using a YouTube tutorial: Easy crochet dishcloth tutorial.
- Pam is thinking about the Gro Shawl by Fiber Tales.
- Pam worked on her goals blanket using the Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She started with a Double Crochet Foundation (actual term) and used this tutorial. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam worked on on Ella’s Felted Christmas Stocking. She is using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky.
- Pam worked on the Cesaria Top by Irina Anikeeva. She is using Elsebeth Levold Hempathy.
- Pam finished another crochet dishcloth, this time using the Griddle Stitch and a tutorial from Daisy Farm Crafts.
- Pam started another crochet dishcloth, this time the C2C Moss Stitch by The Cookie Snob.
- Pam made a bunting for Avery’s apartment using the Sunshine and Conch Shell motifs.
- Pam’s cousin Lisa is currently making the Granny Stripes Blanket by Attic24 and is queuing up Ruby Hexagon Blanket by Nova Seals. She is using Knit Picks Mighty Stitch and Paintbox Yarns Wool Mix Aran respectively.
- We are in between books right now and are taking a brief “summer break”. When we start up again with episode 114, our book club book will be The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Some of our community members started a disorganized KAL for making sweaters/tops/vests… any kind of torso garment. There is some great discussion in the Ravelry thread! We gave away a prize to people commenting in the thread….
- Fairs and Festivals are opening up again! We are having a loosely organized Fairs & Festivals KAL this year and you can find details in this thread. Pam mentioned an article ion the local news channel about the NC State Fair adding additional competition categories.
- We are partnering with Hat Not Hate for a back-to-school giveaway and to raise awareness about bullying prevention. More info to come in a future episode!
- Pam mentioned Black Mountain Yarn Shop where she purchased Magpie Fibers, Twisted Willow and Quince & Co. yarns as well as a Cocoknits measuring tape.
- Pam visited the Biltmore.
- Greg ordered beads from Fire Mountain Gems.
- Pam mentioned the lights she is using for some of her indoor plants.
- Pam also talked about how much she loves Instantpot Spaghetti & Meatballs.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram