In Episode 113, Greg and Pam discuss figs, quesadillas, and hats. We also share an interview with the founder of Hat Not Hate, Shira Blumenthal!
Many thanks to AmosGW Amy for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor. Just one more sock to go, and he’s on the home stretch, just zipping up the last leg (knitting toe-up).
- Greg finished the knitting on this year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL. He is using yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm. Of course, there was more drama.
- Greg is mentally stalled on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. He’s confident he’ll unstall once he clears the cobwebs of the other projects on his needles.
- Pam made a baby washcloth for her mother in law. She used the Oh So Soft Baby Washcloths pattern by Theresa Grant and used some cotton stash.
- Pam worked on on Ella’s Felted Christmas Stocking. She is using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky.
- Pam worked on the Cesaria Top by Irina Anikeeva. She is using Elsebeth Levold Hempathy.
- Pam worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks in cheviot spun from Sadie Spins! and she is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- Pam cast on a Hot and Cold Bowl Cozy by Tina Meininger.
#HATNOTHATE: Interview with Shira Blumenthal
- Find #HATNOTHATE everywhere! Website Facebook Instagram YouTube
- Shi Show
- Tea with Shira
- Lion Brand Outlet
- Other ways to support #HATNOTHATE
Pam and Greg reviewed the #HATNOTHATE Quick Knit Loom. You can buy this fabulous kit here.
- Next episode we are starting The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes. We try to host book club so you don’t need the book to enjoy the discussions but this book is such a wealth of knowledge we highly recommend it!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Some of our community members started a disorganized KAL for making sweaters/tops/vests… any kind of torso garment. There is some great discussion in the Ravelry thread! We gave away a prize to people commenting in the thread….
- Fairs and Festivals are opening up again! We are having a loosely organized Fairs & Festivals KAL this year and you can find details in this thread. Pam mentioned an article ion the local news channel about the NC State Fair adding additional competition categories.
- We are partnering with Hat Not Hate and running a KAL with drawings for prizes! Hat Not Hate is trying to collect as many blue hats as they can before September 13. That’s just enough time for everyone to help! Visit the Ravelry thread for details on how to participate!
- We mentioned that Craftsy is currently having a sale where a year’s subscription is $3.
- We talked about the fun that is crochet water balloons.
- We mentioned the Weavin’ Stephen video for weaving in ends.
- Greg mentioned that one of the recent episodes of Ted Lasso includes a hand-knitted Secret Santa gift.
Affiliate Link Disclousure
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram
2 thoughts on “Episode 113 – Topalong Siren Song”
Greg, this haiku is probably too jargony to share on the podcast… I work for a software company and a developer shared it. I figured YOU could probably appreciate it.
It’s not DNS
There’s no way it’s DNS
It was DNS
Hi, Terrie — Not only do I appreciate it, I *love* it. Been there, done that! Thanks for sharing. 🙂