In Episode 14, Greg and Joey talk about TV, TNNA, and tours.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Giveaway: In celebration of the Coveted Yarn sponsorship, we are giving away a skein of Flat Rocks Yarn and a collection of McPorter Farms knitting accessories. Listen to the episode for details, and sign up on the thread in our Ravelry group. Thanks to Coveted Yarn for providing the prize!
- Joey is working on a scarf for his son.
- Unnamed Shawl — Greg finished knitting his new shawl design. He’s working on getting a pattern created now.
- April Showers Socks — the socks Greg currently has on his needles (project page).
- Knitted Patchwork Recipe by Martine Ellis — Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Blanket (project page).
- the beekeeper’s quilt by Tiny Owl Knits — Greg’s other scrap sock yarn project (project page).
- Devil’s Churn Hat by Tina Johnston — Greg cast that on this weekend (project page).
- Ongoing Events
- Down Cellar Studio Splash Pad Party: we’re the official pool boys. June 1 – July 31
- Actually Knitting PalKal: Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat pattern counts for the KAL. June 15 – September 15
- County Fair KAL: enter your fiber-related crafts in your local fair, then enter them in our KAL.
- Past Events
- TNNA (The National Needlearts Association) — Greg attended the Summer Show and talked about his adventures. Lots of generous people and companies gave him items to use as prizes for upcoming KALs.
- World Wide Knit In Public Day: Saturday June 18. Greg was in Cary, NC at the Craft Public House at 2pm, then Warm N’ Fuzzy afterwards. Michelle from Actually Knitting organized this great opportunity and was there, too. Joan from Lollipop Yarn was there, too.
- Vanessa Wings — Greg made these butterfly wings for Blueberry
- Joey’s been working on skirts, and has had some adventures in pattern printing.
- Upcoming Events
- Georgia Fiber Fest — September 8-10 in Columbus, GA: Joey is planning to attend
- TV Time With Joey
- Good Morning, Vietnam — movie starring Robin Williams
- The Varsity — What’ll ya have!
- Knitter’s Pride Karbonz — our favorite needles and imaginary sponsor
- Loopville — Joey visited this yarn shop when he was in Knoxville
- Knoxville Soap & Candle — Joey also visited this shop while in Knoxville
- Knitting For Anarchists — Joey bought this book
- Tour de France
Listen To the Episode
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.