In Episode 15, Greg and Joey talk about yarn crawls, sewing, and soap.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- In celebration of the Coveted Yarn sponsorship, we are giving away a skein of Flat Rocks Yarn and a collection of McPorter Farms knitting accessories. Listen to the episode for details, and sign up on the thread in our Ravelry group. Thanks to Coveted Yarn for providing the prize!
- We reviewed the Take It Easy: Knits For Relaxing book from Knit Picks, and are excited to be giving away a copy of the book along with enough yarn to knit Walk By The Seaside by Jessica Anderson. See the giveaway thread in our Ravelry group for details. Thanks to Knit Picks and Jessica Anderson for providing the review and prize copies of the book and yarn!
- We are giving away a copy of the Riley Rose Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde (aka BostonJen from the Down Cellar Studio podcast). See the giveaway thread in our Ravelry group for details. Thanks to Jennifer Lassonde for the copy of the shawl to giveaway!
- Joey is working on a scarf for his son.
- Unnamed Shawl — Greg finished knitting his new shawl design. He’s working on getting a pattern created now. Hoping to have it published by the end of the summer.
- April Showers Socks — the socks Greg currently has on his needles (project page).
- Ongoing Events
- County Fair KAL: enter your fiber-related crafts in your local fair, then enter them in our KAL.
- Down Cellar Studio Splash Pad Party: we’re the official pool boys. June 1 – July 31
- Actually Knitting PalKal: Greg’s Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat pattern counts for the KAL. June 15 – September 15
- Past Events
- Greg completed the Central Carolina Yarn Crawl. Participating shops were: The Twisted Knitter, Out of Hand, Gate City Yarns, Stitch Point, Common Threads, and Knit One Smock Too.
- Joey’s finished the skirt he was knitting.
- TV Time With Joey
- Wheels of Soul Tour with Tedeschi Trucks Band, Los Lobos, and North Mississippi All-Stars
- Variety Playhouse
- Com Truise
- S U R V I V E
- Joey’s Soap — now available for purchase!
- Podcast Hall Of Fame
- Sanibel Island
- Ravellenic Games 2016 – if you want to participate, we’re encouraging you to join Team Sasquatch, the team for people who listen to podcasts and want to join one, big, cohesive podcast team.
- Sad Trombone
- Instant Rimshot
- Karbonz by Knitter’s Pride
- Cubics by Knitter’s Pride
- Turing Test
- Interweave Knits
- Vogue Knitting
- The Handmaid’s Tale
Listen To the Episode
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, or Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: Unraveling with Greg and Joey
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Joey is joeygibson on Ravelry, @joeygibson on Instagram, and also writes Joey Gibson’s Blog.