In Episode 45, Greg and Pam talk about learning, lightening bugs, and levies.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
- Fox Paws is a wrap that both Pam and Greg are interested in. There is a kit available from Craftsy (affiliate link).
- Greg is finished with his Firefly Riot Socks (making up basic pattern), yarn is Lavender Lune Yarn Co. Glitter.
- Greg is working on Lana Grossa Socks (making up basic pattern), yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Ashbury.
- Greg is working on Little Giraffe (project page).
- Pam finished a super secret (not really) handspun project. It’s a potholder! Hopefully she can get a “recipe” written up.
- Pam changed her mind and won’t be knitting the Einstein Coat by Sally Melville. (Which is still fantastic). She will be knitting The Elizabeth Zimmerman Coat instead. Here’s a fun video of people modeling theirs.
- Pam started the Citrus Hat by Laura Treadway with some Polwarth handspun.
- Pam had a spa day for her Lendrum spinning wheel after she finished spinning some fiber. Then she started spinning some Rambouillet and loves it. Several shops on FiberCrafty have some in stock.
- Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Rising Meadows Farm Days (September 30, 2018)
- SAFF (October 26-28, 2018)
- Carolina FiberFest (March 22-23, 2019)
- Thank you to those who participated in the FiberCrafty survey! Pam got some great feedback and suggestions.
- Pam published an interview with shop owner Brenda Vance of Split Rock Ranch.
- The Opinionated Knitter
- New Feature! We will be exploring the book The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link). This is a collection of Elizabeth Zimmermann’s iconic newsletters. In this episode we introduce Elizabeth and the book. You can read even more on her Wikipedia page. We also mentioned Cat Bordhi’s Mobius Cast on.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.