In Episode 44, Greg and Pam talk about pickles, opinions, and pocket-sized festivals.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
- Greg is working on Firefly Riot Socks (making up basic pattern), yarn is Lavender Lune Yarn Co. Glitter.
- Greg is going to pick up the Flower Cardigan (kids) out of hibernation soon. (Project page)
- Pam finished her Mini Bubbles by Kieran Foley. Yarn is Wolle’s Yarn Creations Color Changing Cotton. (Project page)
- Pam finished a super secret (not really) handspun project. Stay tuned.
- Pam swatched for the Einstein Coat by Sally Melville. Yarn is Cascade Ecological Wool. The Einstein Coat is found in the book The Knit Stitch (affiliate link).
- Pam worked on a Swirly Pop Blanket by Marken The Hat & I. Yarn is KnitPicks Chroma Worsted in Lakefront.
- Pam is casting on the Citrus Hat by Laura Treadway with some Polwarth handspun.
- Pam sewed a book cover and very loosely used this tutorial.
- Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Pam is having a drawing for a FiberCrafty Gift Certificate for people who provide feedback about the website using this survey. Drawing closes Thursday, 8/23.
- The Opinionated Knitter
- New Feature! We will be exploring the book The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link). This is a collection of Elizabeth Zimmerman’s iconic newsletters. Next episode will begin with an overview. Each subsequent episode we will cover her newsletters one by one. Get your own copy and follow along!
Listen To the Episode
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.