In Episode 47, Greg, Pam and guest Avery talk about cows, travel knitting, and dictionaries.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
- Greg is working on Lana Grossa Socks (making up basic pattern), yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Ashbury.
- Greg finished Baby Surprise Jacket (and still needs to create a project page).
- Pam worked on The Elizabeth Zimmerman Coat using Cascade Ecological Wool.
- Pam is also working on 3 blanket squares for a group effort blanket. The pattern is Patchwork Trio Afghan by Diane Zangl.
- Pam finished the Pioneer Braid Scarf for Foster Care to Success Red Scarf program. She’s using Sirdar Escape Chunky, which bled a lot.
- Pam mentioned her languishing project Gina’s brioche cowl from Purl Soho.
- Avery is working on Trillian by Martina Behm. She is using some mystery yarn that we know has yak in it!
- Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Rising Meadows Farm Days (September 30, 2018)
- SAFF (October 26-28, 2018)
- Carolina FiberFest (March 22-23, 2019)
- Lots of fall yarns and fiber, plus Holiday items are starting to show up!
- The Opinionated Knitter
- We will cover Leaflet #2 next episode.
- Pam mentioned KnitChats which is a new knitting (and crochet) community. They offer a free interactive knitting (and crochet) hotline! Plus we have some fun discussions in their forums.
- We also saw Susan (LeagleEagle) who hosts the Criminally Creative video podcast.
- We reviewed The Knitter’s Dictionary: Knitting Know-How from A to Z by Kate Atherley (affiliate link)
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.